Melissa Tarsky lives in Santa Monica and is, mostly, a stay-at-home mum to her two daughters. She also helps her husband with his business, volunteers at the girls’ school and has a number of other side-projects. Melissa moved from Southwestern Ontario (Canada) to Southern California in 1994 (on the day of OJ’s slow speed chase) and has lived in Santa Monica since 2004. She plans never to leave because she loves the walkability of the neighborhood and the easy access to the beach.
Melissa still uses a land-line, has the daily newspaper delivered and reads books in print. However, she is a spreadsheet maven and is responsible for all IT issues at her house. She has a Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics and Statistics and an MBA. She is certain that her involvement in USY as a teen is the reason why she is now the President of Mishkon. Her email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Executive Committee Officers:
- Cindy Goldstein, Vice President email@example.com
- Rena Panush, Vice President firstname.lastname@example.org
- Michele Prince, Vice President email@example.com
- Judy Gordon, Treasurer firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dayna Greenspan, Secretary email@example.com
Board of Directors:
To contact a board member, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Phil Bell
- Carol Felixson
- Jeff Fleck
- Jeff Gornbein
- Michael Kirschbaum
- Itai Klein
- Johanna Schmidt
- Russell Schwartz
- Rosalind Silver
- Sol Ortasse
- Judy Gordon, Immediate Past President
Committee Chairs and Coordinators:
To contact a committee chair, please email email@example.com.
- Adult Education – Phil Bell
- Barbara’s Book Club – Rena Panush
- Building & Grounds – TBA
- Cemetery Plots – Itai Klein
- Communications – Carol Felixson and Cindy Goldstein
- Fundraising – TBA
- Hazak – Marilyn Lewitt and Miriam Barron
- Kiddush Lunch – Andy Bender and Rena Panush
- Membership – Rena Panush
- Preschool Liaison – Johanna Schmidt
- Religious School Liaison – Michael Kirschbaum
- Social Action – Michele Prince and Sarah Portnoy
- Tephila – Jeff Gornbein
- Webmaster – Kelley Courtney
Shabbat Coordinators are responsible each week for assigning honors such as aliyot, scheduling those who volunteer to lead parts of the service, and dealing with special requests. There is a different coordinator each Shabbat and holiday. If you would like an honor or wish to lead a part of the service on a particular day, contact the coordinator for that day. If you have scheduled an honor and would like to reschedule it, the coordinator for that day is the best person to contact.
Please contact Jeff Gornbein at the main office at (310) 392-3029 with questions. Click Here to View the Current Shabbat Coordinator Schedule